CONTENTS OF PRIVACY NOTICE
- Who Are Cole & Son
- When We Collect Your Personal Data
- Information We May Store and Collect from You
- Processing Your Personal Data
- Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Data
- Length of Time We Keep Your Personal Data
- Protection of Your Personal Data
- Your Rights to Your Personal Data
- Sharing Data with Third Parties
- Your Right to Complain to a Supervisory Authority
- Any Questions?
Cole & Son (Wallpapers) Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with the EU-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we store and handle that data and keep it safe.
The data controller is Cole & Son (Wallpapers) Limited of Lifford House, 199 Eade Road, London, N4 1DN and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at email@example.com
2. Who Are Cole & Son?
Cole and Son has been creating original and exceptional wallcoverings since 1875. Innovative, intelligent, artistic design is founded upon a strong heritage of family craftsmanship.
Founded by John Perry, Cole & Son was first established in the borough of Islington in North London, an area renowned for its 190 hand block printing businesses at the time. Today, the Cole & Son archive is a beautiful and inspiring chronicle of artistic styles and expressions spanning the 18th Century to modern day. Amongst these are some of the most important historic wallpaper designs in the world. Cole & Son has provided wallpapers for many historic houses including Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament.
With a passion and commitment for design excellence, our in-house design studio continues to create beautiful detailed wallcoverings and fabrics; combining colour and pattern to create unique, distinctive and inviting interiors.
Cole and Son is part of the Wallvision Group of companies.
3. When We Collect your Personal Data
We collect your personal data:
1) When you buy our products
2) When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media or through our website
3) When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as distributors you have made a purchase with
4) When you create an account with us
5) When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints, etc.
6) When you complete a survey
7) When you comment or review our product
8) When you fill in any forms
4. Information We May Store and Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1) Name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information.
2) Details of transactions that you carry out and fulfilment of your orders.
3) Feedback, comments and questions received from you.
4) Service related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, emails and social media.
5) If you contact us through correspondence, by phone, by social media, through our website, or through companies in our group we may keep a record of that correspondence.
8) From our websites we may collect IP addresses, actions taken on this site, as well as traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
9) Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites. This includes information provided at the time of requesting goods or further services from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
10) Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
11) If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc to our social media sites, the information can be read by anyone with access to these sites and used for purposes over which Cole & Son or you have no control. Therefore, Cole & Son is not responsible for any information you submit to these social media sites.
12) If you apply for a job at Cole & Son, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
13) We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Cole & Son.
5. How We Process Your Personal Data
We collect and use personal data for sales, customer service and marketing. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
1) To process any orders that you make and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details need to be passed on to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards to fulfil any contractual obligations.
2) To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
3) The cookies we use on our website are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
4) This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to Cole & Son, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
5) To ensure the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
6) To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
7) To notify you about changes to our service.
8) If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were subject of a previous sale to you.
9) To send you marketing communications which may include information about collection launches, events and promotions.
10) To send you information about the products and services you have purchased from us.
11) Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, phone calls or social media)
12) Provide you access to our Trade Website
13) To display name, address and contact details on our Stockists map and Distributor Directory on our website.
14) Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
15) Process a job application
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
6. Our Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Data
1) Collecting personal data based on Contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
For example, if you order an item from us, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
2) Collecting personal data based on a Legal Obligation
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
3) Collecting personal data based on a Legitimate Interest
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interest.
For example, we may send you sales packs when we launch new collections.
4) Collecting Personal Data Based on Consents
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you consent to receive our newsletters
Individual consents will always be stored and documented on our systems.
7. Length of Time We Keep Your Personal Data
We will not retain your information for any longer that is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected. This will be for as long as reasonably necessary:
To comply with minimum regulatory retention requirements
To comply with the statutory retention periods for accounting records
To fulfil our contractual obligations and rights in retention to the information involved
To answer your queries or resolve possible problems
To attend to any legal claims / complaints
At the end of that retention period, your personal data will either be deleted or anonymised (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes.
8. Protection of Your Personal Data
Data security is very important to us and we understand the importance of security to you. We will therefore treat your data with utmost care.
9. Your Rights to Your Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
1) The right to request a copy of your personal data that Cole & Son holds about you
2) The right to request that Cole & Son correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
3) If you are a customer and have a registered profile on our Trade Website, you may update your user profile by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
4) If you are a customer and receive our Newsletter, sales packs and promotional material you can update your user profile by emailing email@example.com
5) The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Cole & Son to retain such data.
6) The right to withdraw any consent to processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive newsletters.
7) If you want to withdraw your consent to newsletters, please make use of the unsubscribe link to manage your subscriptions included in the footer our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Cole & Son, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
8) The right to request a restriction on further data processing in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
9) Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
10) To protect confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identify before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
11) Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Sharing Data with Third parties
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
1) Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to trusted third parties we work with, for example: IT companies support our website and business systems and operational companies such as delivery couriers.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
2) We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event, that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Ifour holding company or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and / or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Use of sub-contractors (processors and sub-processors)
Data transferred outside the EEA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Cole & Son reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our Privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our website prior to the change taking effect.
12. Your Right to Complain with a Supervisory Authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact email@example.com.
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to The Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to complain with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
13. Any Questions
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or write to us at Data Protection Officer, Lifford House, 199 Eade Road, London, N4 1DN.
This notice was last updated 23/05/2018