Cole & Son has launched the autumn 2011 Collection, Geometric, at London Design Festival. Consisting of fifteen designs, the leading wallpaper manufacturer’s latest offering is a selection of contemporary designs influenced by intricate patterns and vivid graphics. The modern collection is a unique juxtaposition coming from a factory that still uses traditional methods.
Following the success of last year’s installation, Cole & Son has returned to Andaz Liverpool Street to showcase the eclectic range of smart and contemporary Geometric wallpapers in an installation for LDF. The back wall of the Andaz Lounge (lobby) displays the dramatic new large repeat digital panel design – Circus. As a humorous twist, the angular nature of the wallpapers is offset by three life-size animal sculptures, each dressed in their own patchwork of Geometric patterns to showcase the collection.
The Geometric wallpapers will also feature at Cole & Son’s showroom at Design Centre Chelsea Harbour for Focus 2011 (25-28 September, 2011). The collection will accompany the launch of Cole & Sons’ new iPad app that will be available to download from 25 September. The new app provides the ability to browse the entire Cole & Son wallpaper portfolio, allowing one to easily search, save and order samples.
Commenting on the new Geometric collection, Cole & Son CEO, Simon Glendenning states: ‘The Geometric collection was designed to reflect the trend for modern living. With the use of clean edges, clever repeats and trompe l’oeil effects, Geometric revives the mood of the 60’s with its ‘Op Art’ geometry and explorations of colour, line, movement and illusion.’
The 15 designs included in the Geometric collection are:
Hexagon – A multi-coloured, hexagonal cube design in a large scale. Available in light or dark grey.
Links – A chain link design with a sequence of three shades. Available in four colourways, either a striking combination of reds, black and white, or subtle off white and brown tones.
Maya – A versatile design that can be hung as a half drop or reverse hung to create a large zig-zag effect, spanning the width of two drops of wallpaper. The pattern is available in a combination of metallic silver and matt white.
Bali – Available as a large repeatable panel (3m x 1.8m wide), this design is influenced by Batik and tie dye fabric. Available in one colour.
Labyrinth – Large interconnecting maze shapes create a three dimensional effect. Available in six colours, from fresh white and beige, soft turquoise/ blue, ochre, brown, black and off-white to ink/deep blue and black.
Circus – Large scale (3m x 3.15m wide) repeating panel of overlapping multi coloured harlequins, also available in grey scale/monochrome alternative layout.
Drape - Trompe l’oeil style drapery gives an optical illusion. Finished with a low flock velvet texture.
Point Stripe – Vertical stripes constructed of small dots finished with a low-flock velvet texture.
Rope – A bold rope design that appears to climb up the wall. Available in four colour ways, a shimmery red and black that appears hand painted, serene whites, sky blue and deep blue.
Fret – Small scale lace effect creates a large horizontal stripe on the wall. Available in soft white, ochre, brown and ink blue.
Diamond Stripe – Graphic stripe incorporating a large scale diamond trellis. Available in three colourways, including dark gold on foil.
Facet – A large repeatable panel (3m x 1.8m wide). Optical design with a subtle hand drawn edge. Available as two colourways, monochrome blues and greys.
Variant – Dramatic gradient checkerboard, available as a large repeatable panel (1.8m wide x 3m high). Available in two colourways- black and white and off whites.
Honeycomb – Small-scale honeycomb shaped trellis. Four colourways include warm whites, soft neutral with two metallic prints, black white and grey/ blue.
Apex – Optical apex graphic composed of triangles, available in four monotone colourways- charcoal and white, whites/Ivory, neutrals, and blue/white.
For further information, high-res visuals, samples or product requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* Founded in 1875, Cole & Son retains the original spirit of the company, combining skilled craftsmen with traditional processes and the latest modern technology. Today, the Cole & Son archive consists of approximately 1,800 block print designs, 350 screen print designs and a huge amount of original drawings and wallpapers, representing all the styles from the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries.
* The company has worked on wallpaper collections with top international designers such as Tom Dixon, Piero Fornasetti and Vivienne Westwood.
* Sought after internationally by royalty, celebrities, leading interior designers, and clients seeking the most luxurious and exquisite designs, Cole & Son is the premier choice for both period and contemporary wallpapers, which are featured in many historic homes and buildings including Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament and the White House.
* The Cole & Son factory is located in North London, where a range of different production techniques are undertaken - including: screen printing, surface printing, wood block printing and hand flocking.
* Cole & Son's London showroom is located at Chelsea Harbor Design Center, Lots Road London, SW10 0XE. Phone: +44 (0) 207 376 4628